Cushion cut is an ancient cut type which first appeared in 1800, but became popular towards the end of 1900. The cushion cut can vary much, some appear, more long and narrow, while others appear closer to square.
These diamond rings are perfect for couples interested in vintage style rings. The cut can be either square shaped or rectangular shaped. Some of the different types of cushion cut engagement rings are explained below.
Different Types of Cushion Cut Engagement Rings
- A single halo cushion cut engagement ring
This ring features a cushion cut center stone with a halo of brilliant round diamonds.
- A double halo cushion cut with split band
The central claw features a cushion cut diamond surrounded by two halos.
- A diamond set band with cushion cut solitaire
This diamond set band stands alone with a cushion cut diamond. The diamond is the main feature of ring with no halo.
- A rose gold ring with a cushion cut morganite
This ring features a cushion cut halo ring with a beautiful morganite and a halo of round cut diamonds.
This ring has a design set in yellow or white gold band with a beautiful single halo of round cut diamonds.
Pros and Cons of Cushion Cut Diamonds
- The most important thing to look for in an engagement ring is its facets.
Large facets give the ring an edge over other rings. Cushion cut diamonds comes with large facets.
- Cushion cut diamond requires more stone. Cushion cuts are made with high level of brilliance.
- These vintage rings have a history which takes us back to the early 1990’s. This ring comes with a unique shape which would attract any individual.
- These rings are very durable due to its round edges.
- Cushion cut diamonds are less expensive when compared to a round cut diamond.
- Cushion cut diamonds offers variety as these diamonds have a mix of classic and modern fashion.
- People have started recognizing cushion cut diamonds. They are now rising in popularity.
- Cushion cut diamond rings require more stone, making it costly.
- Cushion cut diamonds comes with a large facet. Imperfections can be easily seen.
- Cushion cuts are known by different names (i.e. modified cushion, classic cushion, chunky cushion). Buyers tend to get confused.